SEND and Local Offer
General School Information:
Offwell C of E Primary School is a Local Authority school, independent of any academy, federation or trust, with an inclusive approach to education, which is reflected in our admissions policy.
We offer care, support and engaging activities, set in the heart of Offwell, on the edge of The Blackdown Hills, serving the local villages and town of Honiton.
We know our children well, as we are a small community school and we work in close partnership with families to make all reasonable adjustments that may be required to identify and address additional needs.
Our ultimate aims are, we hope, the same as yours: for our children to be well, learn well and live well, as happy, fulfilled and considerate members of society.
Please see below for information of our SEND provision:
- The kinds of special educational needs for which provision is made at the school.
- Information, in relation to mainstream schools and maintained nursery schools, about the school’s policies for the identification and assessment of pupils with special educational needs.
- Information about the school’s policies for making provision for pupils with special educational needs whether or not pupils have EHC Plans.
- In relation to mainstream schools and maintained nursery schools, the name and contact details of the SEN co-ordinator.
- Information about the expertise and training of staff in relation to children and young people with special educational needs and about how specialist expertise will be secured.
- Information about how equipment and facilities to support children and young people with special educational needs will be secured.
- The arrangements for consulting parents of children with special educational needs about, and involving such parents in, the eduction of their child.
- The arrangements for consulting young people with special educational needs about, and involving them in, their education.
- Any arrangements made by the governing body or the proprietor relating to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with special educational needs concerning the provision made at the school.
- How the governing body involves other bodies, including health and social services bodies, local authority support services and voluntary organisations, in meeting the needs of pupils with special educational needs and in supporting the families of such pupils.
- The contact details of support services for the parents of pupils with special educational needs, including those for arrangements made in accordance with section 32. We use our school Website to advertise support services.
- The school’s arrangements for supporting pupils with special educational needs in a transfer between phases of education or in preparation for adulthood and independent living.
- Information on where the local authority’s local offer is published.