Information and Communication Technology
Each classroom has an Interactive Whiteboard with a dedicated class laptop.
We have a total of 11 networked curriculum computers, 45 mini-laptops, 9 iPads and 5 iPod touches all of which are connected to the Internet. All of the equipment is positioned in the classrooms, as we believe ICT should be accessible to the children all day, every day.
Other ICT equipment in the School includes: Roamers, BeeBots, ConstructaBots, ProBots, digital cameras, mini-flip video cameras, digital movie creators and digital microscopes.
ICT is used as a means of supporting and developing learning across all curriculum areas. The iPad apps we use in school are: Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, Garageband, PuppetPals, MorfoBooth, VideoScribe, VidRhythm, iCanAnimate, ColorMagine, BBC Earth Wonders and Basic Swahili.
At Offwell we regularly focus on our pupils’ ability to use the internet safely and securely. Through PSHE and ICT sessions children build their awareness from Foundation Stage to Year 6.
At home, many children are often given unsupervised access to the Internet. This, potentially, allows them to access a wide range of digital material (both good and bad) and bring them into their homes.
Here are some tips to help keep safe online:
- People you don’t know are strangers. They’re not always who they say they are.
- Be nice to people on the computer like you would in the playground.
- Keep your personal information private.
- If you ever get that ‘uh-oh’ feeling, you should tell a grown-up you trust.
- Explore e-safety sites – They are great fun to explore, so why not browse through them with your children? Hector’s World is a particular favourite with Offwell children.
- Facebook / YouTube / Gmail – Many of these sites have a minimum age limit of 13, so our pupils should NOT be using them. They do not offer any levels of protection, allowing children to communicate with anyone.
- Keep your computer in a shared area – Talk to your child about what they are doing online and, if possible, set up your computer in a shared area at home so that you can all share in the wonderful sites that are available online.
- BBC Webwise – www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/
- Sids online safety guide – www.bizzikid.co.uk/sosguide/safetyguidestart.html
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the suitability of these links, Offwell C of E Primary School cannot be held responsible for their content
Please report any unsuitable material or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org