Governing bodies are required to produce a curriculum statement annually. This replaces the requirement under the School Framework and Standards Act 1998 for a curriculum plan.
Aims and vision
We aim to work together with parents and families to provide learning and play experiences which will engage their interest; inspire them to want to know more; motivate them to persevere with their learning and empower them to develop skills of independence. In this way they will develop an enquiring mind and together we will enjoy creating those memorable moments of primary education that every child deserves to treasure.
Our vision is for a school where parents and professionals work together to discover and achieve each child’s full potential. We want each child to enjoy coming to school because they take joy in learning, they know they are valued and unique and they take pride in themselves and our school.
The aims of our school curriculum are:
- to enable all children to learn and develop their skills to the best of their ability;
- to facilitate children’s acquisition of knowledge, skills and qualities which will help them to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically and morally so that they may become independent, responsible, useful, thinking, confident and considerate members of the community;
- to promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- to create and maintain an exciting and stimulating learning environment where all pupils are encouraged to be risk takers;
- to develop pupils resilience in a happy and safe learning environment;
- to ensure that each child’s education has continuity and progression;
- to enable children to be positive citizens in society;
- to enable children to have respect for themselves and high self-esteem and to be able to live and work co-operatively with others;
- to recognise the crucial role which parents play in their child’s education and make every effort to encourage parental involvement in their educational process;
- to deliver a curriculum that encourages respect for the environment and society.
At Offwell we aim to develop pupils who are successful, confident and responsible. As a result of the curriculum offered at Offwell Primary School, the children will, at a level appropriate to their age and ability, be ready to enjoy the next stage of their wider learning journey as they move on to their secondary school.
To read our full Curriculum Statement, please click here